Leaders of the world’s homeland security departments and border agencies are returning to the International Summit on Borders in Washington, DC this June 19-20 to discuss current and future challenges in a spirit of collaboration and mutual cooperation. The theme of this year’s conference is Borders of the Future: Managing Global Borders in the 21st Century.
International Summit on Borders will attract an influential, international audience of government officials and law enforcement agencies addressing security challenges, customs and immigration procedures, anti-smuggling protocols and migration management, just to name a few.
Topics addressed will cover the most pressing issues facing international border security agencies today:
- Threats and Trends Assessment
- Securing Land Borders: Walls and Barriers Do They Work
- Biometrics & Borders: Seamless Travel – Implementing New Effective Technologies
- Targeting and Data Analytics: Emerging Tech to Improve Risk Assessment
- Human Smuggling & Trafficking
- Border Management: From Biosecurity to Pandemic Threats – in the 21st Century
- Automation and Technology: Managing Impact on Human Capital – “Border Officer of the Future”
- Border Cities: Cross Border Urban Areas
- Maintaining Integrity of Border Agencies
The 2018 program to date has distinguished speakers and border security experts confirmed to speak from 14 countries, including Australia, Belgium, Canada, Colombia, Finland, Ireland, Kenya, Malaysia, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, United Kingdom, United States and Uruguay.
Kevin K. McAleenan, Commissioner, U.S. Customs and Border Protection will deliver the Opening Keynote at 8:30am on Tuesday, June 19, and Michael Pezzullo, Secretary, Department of Home Affairs, Australiawill deliver the Luncheon Keynote at 12:30pm.
Enrique Canon, Director General of Uruguay Customs, Chairperson of the World Customs Organization Council, will open day two, Wednesday, June 20 at 8:30am.
Attendees will have ample opportunities to network and meet the sponsors throughout the two-day event; the 2018 sponsors to date are Accenture, Benchmark, Elbit Systems of America, Gatekeeper Intelligent Security, Leidos, Perceptics, S2 Global.
Visit http://www.internationalsummitonborders.com to register.