- This event has passed.
13th Annual Homeland Security Law Institute
May 31 @ 7:00 am - 5:30 pm
About the Program
This year’s conference will feature important updates on recent legislative and regulatory changes impacting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Attendees will hear from key decision-makers in both the government and industry sectors on matters related to transportation security, cybersecurity, cross-border initiatives, disruptive technologies, and federal, state & local emergency response efforts.
Topics to be Included
- Cybersecurity Information Sharing – Progress and Challenges, Moderator: Lucy Thomson
- DHS Current Legal Issues: A Panel Discussion with Senior Attorneys from HQ, CISA, ICE, TSA, and USCIS, Moderator: John M. Mitnick
- The New CFIUS: Legislative Changes, Emerging and Foundational Technologies and China, Moderator: Michael Kennedy
- Customs & Cross-Border Control Issues, Moderator: Joseph B. Maher
- UAS/UAV/Drones: What’s Ahead for Personal, Commercial and Military Use, Moderator: Anne Bechdolt
- Protecting Critical Infrastructure: SAFETY Act & Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS), Moderator: Joe Whitley
- Homeland Security Legislative & Regulatory Outlook 2018-2019, Moderator: Jonathan Meyer
- State & Local Responders working with FEMA, Moderator: Ernie Abbott