U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services today announced that petitioners can now complete and file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, online. Online filing allows aliens to submit forms electronically, check the status of their case, and receive notices from USCIS.
“Form I-130 is one of the most widely filed USCIS forms,” said USCIS Acting Director Ken Cuccinelli. “As we continue our transition to paperless operations, petitioners can now experience the convenience of filing electronically. USCIS is increasing the number of forms available for online filing to make our agency more effective and efficient.”
With today’s addition, individuals can now file eight USCIS forms online:
- Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
- Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
- Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539 is the first online application filing that uses USCIS’ eProcessing strategy. Check your eligibility for online filing of this form at uscis.gov/i539online.)
- Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings (Under Section 336 of the INA)
- Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document
- Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
- Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322
To file these forms online, individuals must first create a USCIS online account at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov. This free account allows them to:
- Submit and track the status of their forms;
- Pay their fees;
- Track the status of their case;
- Communicate with USCIS through a secure inbox; and
- Respond to requests for evidence.
USCIS still accepts the latest paper version of all forms by mail.
USCIS is using innovation and technology to meet the needs of applicants, petitioners, employees, and stakeholders. Regardless of the paper or electronic format of an application or petition, USCIS is committed to ensuring a secure and efficient process for all.