Waterfall Security Solutions, a global leader in cybersecurity technologies for critical infrastructure and industrial control systems announced the expansion of its stronger-than-firewall solution portfolio for industrial control systems and critical infrastructure sites.
Waterfall Security’s Unidirectional Security Gateway product family is an evolutionary alternative to firewalls, providing protection for the safety and reliability of industrial systems that firewalls simply cannot. Industrial sites around the world deploy Waterfall products to provide industrial systems with safe and reliable IT/OT integration, access to vendor and cloud services, and remote monitoring.
"Our wide-ranging industrial connector portfolio is an essential component to the value we give our customers throughout many diverse industrial markets. It affords them with seamless integration of our Unidirectional Gateway products into their existing industrial network architectures for the best protection available from cyberattacks originating from external networks," said Lior Frenkel, CEO and co-founder, Waterfall Security Solutions.
The latest connectors to be added to Waterfall’s portfolio are:
- Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP): Integrates industrial systems with additional cloud and IT services.
- Siemens PCS7: Provides safe remote access to PCS7 databases and other components.
- HttpFS: Expands connectivity for Waterfall’s already extensive set of file server replication capabilities.
- GE Proficy HMI: Replicates HMI servers, definitions and other components for external monitoring.
- Log Channel: Providesefficient transfers of log information to corporate Security Information and Event Managers (SIEMs).
- Wonderware Historian Backfill: Expands the capabilities of our current Wonderware Historian connector.
- Webservices: Makes industrial web services available to IT networks and to the Internet without risk to industrial systems.
Unidirectional Gateways represent a technology pioneered by Waterfall Security Solutions and deployed worldwide since 2007. Waterfall’s Unidirectional Gateway family of products are recognized to reduce the cost and complexity of compliance with NERC CIP, NRC, NIST, CFATS, ANSSI, ISA, and other standards, regulations and best practices. The Department of Homeland Security December 2015 report, Seven Strategies to Defend Industrial Control Systems, recommends unidirectional communications in three of its seven strategies to protect industrial control systems from cyberattacks.
"These additions to our already-extensive connector family will enable even more industrial sites to enjoy the peace-of-mind that comes from deploying our world-leading cyber security technology. The world will be a safer place with more Unidirectional Gateways deployed," remarked Frenkel.