Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of Acquisition Specialist for an existing government client. The place of performance for this contract is in the Ft. Belvoir, VA area. The designated candidate for this position will join a collaborative team environment and contribute to the project goals.
NOTE: REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A DHS SUITABILITY CLEARANCE
• Utilize common federal procurement vehicles to secure equipment, technologies and deployment services.
• Address the complexities of migrating wireless technologies, and the ability to work within the strict operational, budget, and schedule constraints associated with federal transitions.
• Good understanding of federal procurement vehicles, the capabilities and limitations of the vendor community, and federal procurement processes.
• Support the planning and execution of end-to-end acquisition lifecycle functions.
• Develop and coordinate Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Quotations (RFQ).
• Assemble documentation for purchase orders.
• Effectively communicate with the federal government client on a regular basis.
• Act as a liaison with other Federal agencies as required.
• Develop cost and schedule trade-offs for relocating radio and video surveillance assets.
• Assist the departments' transition of wireless assets to alternate frequencies and/or technologies.
• Assist the project manager in developing alternatives to mitigate risk, meet financial objectives and meet designated transition deadlines and milestones.
• Assist with the implementation of Department-wide transition planning efforts in a consolidated and cohesive approach.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline, or relevant related work experience.
• 5 years of experience in a related field.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent ability to communicate in English orally and in written form.
• Good knowledge of federal acquisition policies and processes.
• Experience with wireless, RF (Radio Frequencies) preferred.
• Experience with law enforcement
• U.S. Citizen
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned small business headquartered in Chantilly, VA. With contracts in both the public and private sectors in the DC metro area and across the country, Soft Tech is an organization made up of highly successful and talented Information Technology professionals offering enterprise class solutions for any size organization at great value. Soft Tech’s mission is to help government organizations design, implement, and maintain mission critical Information Technology solutions. By focusing jointly on our employees and our customers, we are able to achieve our mission by providing each and every one of our customers with continuous quality customer support.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.