Support installing and maintaining workstations and serve as a technical generalist, maintaining responsibility for initial troubleshooting of computer systems (laptops and desktops), local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN) issues, electronic mail, hardware installation and repair, software configuration and applications and daily technical support operations.
Assist with the management of e-mail, manage user accounts, and perform basic network troubleshooting. Distribute software packages and upgrades to staff, provide ongoing support for software distribution and support, as necessary, and perform repairs, mainly facilitating repairs with the vendors and manufacturer for hardware support.
Manage accounts and the operations of systems, perform simple troubleshooting, make moves, additions, and changes to each system, provide Tier 1-3 support to end-users, including logging initial calls, tracking the reported problem and resolution. Coordinate with other team members in the completion of assigned projects, and serve as a point of contact for staff for computer IT and standards guidance. This position may require occasional business travel to provide onsite support to remote offices.
• Associate’s Degree and 5 years experience; or Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience; or Master’s Degree and 1 year experience; or combination of 7 years which may include education/specialized training/certifications and/or experience. Relevant education/experience must be in an IT discipline related to the assigned program area (e.g., Network Engineering, Network Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer or Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Forensics/Security, etc.)
• DOD Computing Environment, Security+ (or equivalent DOD Directive 8570.1 IAT II), A+/Network+ (or equivalent DOD Directive 8570.1 IAT I).
• Secret security clearance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
• Top Secret security clearance.