Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of a Java Developer. The selected individual will join a technological, cutting-edge, collaborative team environment and contribute to the project goals by working the following:
NOTE: REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN DHS SUITABILITY CLEARANCE
- Maintain, design, develop, test, implement and document J2EE-based components.
- Support the design and architecture related to the applications in the environment using industry tested design patterns such as MVC, DAO, SOA etc.
- Perform development using object-oriented design.
- Support the test-driven development using JUnit fixtures for unit testing.
- Support the optimization of data-driven processes through query and code optimization.
- Use Agile practices to work within Scrum teams delivering deployable software within 2-week sprints to modernize and build new highly visible enterprise applications.
- Work with multiple technology stacks including JMS, Drools, Spring, Hibernate, MongoDB, Gradle/Maven, Chef, Nexus, Jenkins, Oracle and Git within a Continuous Integration environment.
- Support code quality objectives (coverage, compliance, etc.) as reported through dashboards such as SonarQube.
- Actively participate in Agile Scrum sprint planning, artifact creation, unit and regression testing, demonstrations, and retrospectives and releases.
- Implement design and coding best practices into the implementation of the applications development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in a related field.
- Varying levels of Java positions available (Jr., Mid, Sr.).
- Knowledge of the Agile, Kanban, or Lean practices and the SDLC phases desired.
- Knowledge of Servlets, and SQL development preferred.
- Knowledge with Spring, and Hibernate frameworks a plus.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and DevOps a plus.
- Experience with WebLogic, Gradle/Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Ant, Git, and Oracle is a plus.
- Self-motivated leader, enthusiastic, creative, analytical problem-solving leader who is able to work with minimal supervision and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as superior time management abilities.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret requirements into functional code.
- Thorough understanding of version control, software configuration and release management practices a plus.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain public trust clearance.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned business headquartered in Chantilly, VA. With contracts in both the public and private sectors in the DC metro area and across the country, Soft Tech is an organization made up of highly successful and talented Information Technology professionals offering enterprise class solutions for any size organization at great value. Soft Tech’s mission is to help government organizations design, implement, and maintain mission critical Information Technology solutions. By focusing jointly on our employees and our customers, we are able to achieve our mission by providing each and every one of our customers with continuous quality customer support.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.