Soft Tech Consulting is looking for a passionate senior developer that excels in a fast-paced environment and is eager to work with the latest technologies and methodologies. If you are an experienced senior developer looking to hone your skills while working on high impact projects, let's talk.
Work with cutting edge frameworks, process, and deployments
Work on a high impact, high-visibility project
Work with other passionate developers
Work in a culture of success
Analytical minds and innovative spirits will thrive in this fast paced, collaborative, dynamic environment. Join our growing company for limitless possibilities and the chance to make a difference.
NOTE: REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP
ABLE TO OBTAIN DHS SUITABILITY
- Provide expertise in given frameworks and suggest improvements to other developers.
- Work with tech leads to support the architecture and design of new components, best practices, and services.
- Develop clean testable code utilizing industry best practices for object-oriented or functional frameworks.
- Support test-driven development using unit, integration, and API / Functional tests.
- Support the optimization of data-driven processes through query and code optimization.
- Refactor and modernize enterprise applications using continuous integration and deployment with microservices.
- Propose better solutions to given problems.
- Take ownership of your own tasks while helping the other developers and teams.
- Actively lead/participate in Agile Scrum sprint planning, artifact creation, demonstrations, and retrospectives and releases.
- Work in an Agile team to help business owners and fellow developers deploy useful software on schedule.
- Suggest improved practices on the individual and program level.
- Collaborate and cooperate with other client teams and participants.
- Demonstrate estimation and planning skills.
- Demonstrate skills in innovation and creativity in problem solving.
- Adopt evolving design and coding standards in the course of application development.
- Provide technical methods, techniques, and concepts that are innovative, practical, cost-effective, and conducive to agile application development.
- Intelligently balance core productivity with technical debt, and never trade quality in favor of productivity. Technical debt should be addressed as it occurs and should not become so overwhelming that it must be addressed using an entire or several entire sprints.
- Use a test driven development (TDD) approach.
- Participate in creating user stories for both business functionality and technical requirements and defining acceptance criteria; estimating the size of stories; designing solutions; developing code and automated tests; creating deployment scripts; managing code in production; and managing any database solutions.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the Information Technology field focusing on development projects, DevOpSec and application development specifically.
- Possess strong development & design experience (at least 3 years) of experience deploying enterprise applications on AWS.
- Possess expertise in large scale, high performance enterprise big data application development on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS.
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or Engineering, or other comparable Certifications or experience.
- Experience with the following technologies: AWS, Java, ASP.NET, MySQL, Oracle, Apache Commons Libs, Cytoscape.js, DeQue FireEyes, Git / Enterprise GitHub, Jackson, JAXB, Jira, JUnit, NUnit, Maven, Junit, Chef, Docker, Spring Framework, Drools, Python, Rails, Ruby, Rspec, New Relic, SiteMesh, D3.js, PostgreSQL, SQL Server.
- Be a high producer of high quality work.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and ownership.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Extensive Agile development experience.
- Ability to concisely communicate and understand technical requirements.
- Ability to be organized and deliver on time.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DHS Suitability Clearance.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned small business headquartered in Chantilly, VA. With contracts in both the public and private sectors in the DC metro area and across the country, Soft Tech is an organization made up of highly successful and talented Information Technology professionals offering enterprise class solutions for any size organization at great value. Soft Tech’s mission is to help government organizations design, implement, and maintain mission critical Information Technology solutions. By focusing jointly on our employees and our customers, we are able to achieve our mission by providing each and every one of our customers with continuous quality customer support.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.