Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of Spectrum Manager, deliver spectrum support to the Spectrum Management Section. The Spectrum Manager will assist in providing full scope of spectrum management and spectrum engineering support for client tactical wireless communication devices and systems. The place of performance for this contract is in Lorton, VA area. The designated candidate for this position will join a collaborative team environment, providing support necessary toward the successful delivery of the project and effective communication to all levels of staff for reporting project status.
NOTE: REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP
MUST HAVE ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Provide spectrum management support to the DHS Wireless Management Office.
- Provide working group leadership.
- Provide support and frequency spectrum project planning coordination for all DHS and component agencies.
- Coordinate frequency licensing, conduct 5 year license reviews, and support special projects requiring temporary frequencies.
- Responsible for preparation of engineering data for frequency, telecommunications.
- Analyze technical data of communication equipment/systems submitted and based on an average level of knowledge of radio equipment and radio propagation.
- Initiate actions to eliminate conflicts in frequency assignments which arise as a result of the heavily congested radio frequency spectrum.
- Conduct analysis/studies of radio frequency assignments with a view toward adjustment, sharing, or reassignment to ensure spectrum efficiency for authorized use with little to no oversight.
- Participate in meetings pertaining to frequency allocation/assignment plans, and DOD policies affecting the elements of military services.
- Evaluate and analyze Frequency Allocations, channel plans, and planned changes to the Radio Regulations as prepared to consider the impact on the communications systems and equipment.
- Participate in meetings concerning DOD policies and positions and in the revision of these policies and positions in order to reach the best possible solution for the DOD.
- Attends and provides input at meetings to aid in the resolution of mutual spectrum management issues/concerns associated with the duties outlined above.
- Must be familiar with propagation modeling and interference analysis.
- Proficient with all tools and applications associated with Federal Spectrum Management, such as Spectrum XXl and HTZ Warfare spectrum planning tools.
- Experience with coordinating frequency licensing and conducting year license reviews.
- A positive attitude and flexibility are also desirable.
- No travel is required
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned small business headquartered in Chantilly, VA. With contracts in both the public and private sectors in the DC metro area and across the country, Soft Tech is an organization made up of highly successful and talented Information Technology professionals offering enterprise class solutions for any size organization at great value. Soft Tech’s mission is to help government organizations design, implement, and maintain mission critical Information Technology solutions. By focusing jointly on our employees and our customers, we are able to achieve our mission by providing each and every one of our customers with continuous quality customer support.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.