• Perform duties as a Sr. Network Engineer
• Designing, implementing and managing Cisco-based solutions
• Facilitate both short and long-term projects, representing NE in meetings
• Work production issues like circuit outages, device failures and performance degradation
• Communicate between all stakeholders to provide project updates, coordinate scheduling and document work performed.
• Regularly update team on project status, create and update AS-Builts, diagram using VISIO, etc.
• Work closely with Customer and Team to maintain service levels and high customer satisfaction
• Some local travel may be required.
• Some duties will be performed outside of core hours so flexibility is essential.
• 10+ years’ experience
• Experience and expertise designing, implementing and managing Cisco based solutions; specially experience configuring VTP, STP, Ether-channe,l and OSPF on CAT4500, CAT6500, CAT3850s, Nexus SK, 4000 series routers and 2900 series routers. Experience must also include working on production issues such as performance degradation, device failures, WAN (T1, DS3) copper Ethernet and fiber circuit outages; collaborating with provider and the Customer NOC and working on APC UPS.
• Experience leading both long and short-term network engineering projects by meeting with customers, deploying a system security solutions. Manage projects by meeting with customer, gathering requirements, designing solutions, scheduling tasks, implementing solutions, and documenting work. Demonstrate expert skill with designing and deploying a system security solutions. Demonstrate expert skill with creating and updating project plans and Visio-based diagrams. .
• Possess strong writing and verbal communications skills as related to gathering of information from customers and relaying information to customers, IT staff, service providers, and relaying information to customers, IT staff, service providers, and management.
• BS Degree
• Appropriate certifications (CCIE, CCNP, Network+) required