The AFCEA Bethesda Chapter has announced the winners of the 2019 InnovateIT Awards program. The InnovateIT Awards recognize innovation and leadership that has sustained excellence across the three primary focus areas of the President’s Management Agenda:
- Mission: Recognizes an individual or team that used technology to drive mission value or adopted innovative techniques to combat security threats to solve a mission challenge.
- Service: Recognizes an individual or team that has implemented innovative, government-wide approaches to deliver better, more efficient services to citizens, partner agencies, or employees.
- Stewardship: Recognizes an individual or team that has improved the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of agency programs and operations to exercise effective responsibility over taxpayer dollars.
The 2019 InnovateIT Award winners include:
- Government Innovator of the Year
- Jose Arrieta, Chief Information Officer, US Department of Health and Human Services
- Industry Innovator of the Year
- Zain Ahmed, Vice President, Civilian and Law Enforcement Sales, CenturyLink
- Mission – Emerging Government Leader
- Vincent Sritapan, Portfolio Manager, Physical & Cyber Security, DHS Science & Technology Directorate
- Sam Navarro, Program Manager, Enterprise Mobility Program, Federal Acquisition Services, General Services Administration,
- Gema Howell, Computer Scientist, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Mission – Senior Government Leader
- John Morenz, Chief Technology Officer, Social Security Administration
- Anthony Tsantrizos, Operations Branch Manager, Deployment and Logistics Division, TSA, Acquisition Program Management
- Don Cahoon, Program Specialist, Lead Checkpoint Designer, Deployment and Logistics Division, TSA, Acquisition Program Management
- Service –Emerging Government Leader
- Ryan Hoesing, FedRAMP Customer Success Manager, General Services Administration
- Service – Senior Government Leader
- Neil C. Evans, MD, Chief Officer, Connected Care, Veterans Health Administration, US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Stewardship—Emerging Government Leader
- Michelle Marantz, Acting Contracts and Acquisitions Branch Chief/IT Specialist, Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Stewardship—Senior Government Leader
- Bobby Saxon, Chief Technology Officer, Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight/healthcare.gov
The winners of the 2019 InnovateIT Awards will be recognized at the 12th Annual Senior Government Executive Dinner on July 11th at the Grand Hyatt Washington DC.
Winners were selected by a committee of current AFCEA Bethesda Chapter board members and InnovateIT Award committee members. These winners have demonstrated a commitment to helping government solve realworld IT challenges through a variety of initiatives and continue to be champions of effective innovation. For more about AFCEA Bethesda InnovateIT Awards, visit afceabethesda.org.