The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is encouraging the drone community to participate in the third annual National Drone Safety Awareness Week from Sept. 13 – 19, 2021.
A key pillar of the FAA’s work to safely integrate drones into the National Airspace System, ensuring that drone pilots understand their responsibility to fly safely, and what that entails.
During the campaign, drone pilots and recreational flyers will talk about their passion and commitment to drone safety, and industry experts will share important drone safety educational topics. The event will also highlight new requirements and best practices for the drone community.
Each day of the week is dedicated to a specific educational theme:
- Monday: Safe Flyers Take The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)
- Tuesday: Register and Mark Your Drone
- Wednesday: Become a Part of a Flying Community
- Thursday: New Rules – Remote Identification and Operations Over People
- Friday: Public Safety & Public Acceptance
- Saturday and Sunday: Share the Skies – Get Out and Fly