A total of 49 foreign nationals were arrested over the last seven days in the Philadelphia Metropolitan region during a targeted enforcement operation conducted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) aimed at criminal aliens, immigration fugitives, re-entrants, and other immigration violators, which ended Sunday.
- 17 of those arrested had criminal convictions.
- 14 of those arrested have pending criminal charges.
- 6 had been previously removed from the United States and subsequently illegally re-entered.
- 14 were immigration fugitives with outstanding final orders of removal issued by a federal immigration judge.
- 14 of those arrested were previously released from Philadelphia County custody, despite having an ICE detainer lodged against them.