US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published the updated M-274, Handbook for Employers: Guidance for Completing Form I-9.
The Handbook for Employers provides employers with detailed guidance for completing Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. This version, dated January. 22, 2017, replaces the previous version, and reflects revisions to Form I-9, which was revised on November 14, 2016.
The Handbook for Employers:
- Details how to properly complete the revised Form I-9;
- Captures policy and regulatory changes since 2013;
- Is written in plain language, so that it is easier to understand;
- Includes a streamlined questions and answers section;
- Features updated tables, new figures and more current sample documents; and
- Explains guidance regarding automatic extensions for certain Employment Authorization Documents
Review the updated Handbook for Employers, or see the Table of Changes for Revised M-274 for highlights of the changes.