Have you taken the opportunity to make your voice heard?
SAFECOM and the Department of Homeland Security Office of Emergency Communications want to hear from you. They’ve launched the SAFECOM Nationwide Survey to get feedback from law enforcement, fire and rescue, emergency medical services, dispatchers and emergency managers around the nation at all levels of government. Whether you’re from a state, local, tribal, territorial or federal organization, they want to know how they can help improve emergency communications nationwide.
No one likes to take surveys, but this video demonstrates why the SNS is so important.
Your input will be used to:
- Identify gaps in funding and capability improvements
- Raise national awareness on emergency communications
- Build industry knowledge by capturing reliable data
- Influence public policy by informing decision-makers
- Identify essential capabilities and capability gaps
- Develop additional training and other resources
- Provide a validated national perspective on emergency communication capacity
Have questions about the survey? View the informative webinar at https://www.dhs.gov/safecom/sns-informational-webinar. Questions on the SNS can be directed to the SNS Help Desk via email to SNS@hq.dhs.gov or call toll free at (833) 723-3712. Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern time. If you need assistance outside of these normal business hours, feel free to send an email to the Help Desk and a DHS representative will respond as soon as possible.
Please take the survey now!
The SAFECOM Nationwide Survey is your chance to tell the government what’s working well and how they need to improve emergency communications in the future. If you haven’t already done so, please take the survey now (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018SNS) and make your voice heard.