Coast Guard Hurricane Dorian response operations are underway in support of the Bahamas. As of Tuesday:
Coast Guard crews from across the Coast Guard have rescued 47 people in the Bahamas since Hurricane Dorian began.
- The Coast Guard is currently conducting air operations based out of Andros Island, Bahamas.
- Port Condition Zulu for the Port of Fort Pierce, Port of Miami, Port Everglades and Port of Palm Beach
- Port Condition Whiskey for the Port of Key West
- Port Condition Zulu is in effect for the ports of Jacksonville, Fernandina and Port Canaveral Florida.
- Port Condition Zulu is in effect for the Port of Savannah and Brunswick, Georgia.
- Port Condition Yankee is in effect for the Port of Charleston, South Carolina.
- The Coast Guard has several cutters ready to respond to the Bahamas as weather conditions allow.
- There are 17 shallow-water rescue boat teams standing by to respond to Hurricane Dorian.
The Coast Guard is supporting the Bahamian National Emergency Management Agency and the Royal Bahamian Defense Force, who are leading search and rescue efforts in the Bahamas. If you are in a life-threatening situation and need assistance, call 911 or 919 in the Bahamas, or call the Bahamian National Emergency Management Agency at 242-325-9983 or the Bahamian Emergency Operations Center at 242-362-3895 or 242-362-3896.
Our forces are strategically positioned to be clear of the impact of the storm and then immediately will reconstitute those forces for rescue operations and re-opening of our critical ports infrastructure.