WhiteFox a global leader in drone airspace security, today released a new white paper – Enabling the Good While Preventing the Bad: How Security Enables the Drone Industry.
Developed in response to events both domestic and abroad, WhiteFox highlights the need to protect against potential public safety and homeland security threats posed by UAS.
In the white paper, WhiteFox outlines critical recommendations for a comprehensive counter-UAS legislative framework, and a path forward for industry and government to accomplish integration of UAS in the National Airspace. This includes:
- UAS Remote Identification
- UAS Traffic Management Systems
- Counter-UAS Systems to Enhance Safety and Enable Operations
- Critical Infrastructure Facilities to Prohibit Unauthorized UAS
- Performance-Based Regulations
- The FAA’s Regulatory Role
The recommendations for what a comprehensive counter-UAS legislative framework should include are as follows:
- Expand counter-UAS authority to certain state and local law enforcement agencies
- Establish criteria for evaluating counter-UAS systems
- Avoid interference with authorized UAS operations
- Require mandatory training for personnel engaged in counter-UAS activity
- Consider other technologies to create safety and security
“Today, public safety agencies, educational institutions and organizations utilize UAS for everything from disaster relief efforts to inspecting critical infrastructure to precision agriculture—and everything in between. However, recent unauthorized UAS incursions raise questions and create policy challenges,” said Luke Fox, Founder and CEO of WhiteFox. “To enable expanded commercial UAS operations in the U.S., government and UAS industry stakeholders must develop a sound strategy for working together to find a way to integrate UAS safely into the airspace.”
Headquartered in California, WhiteFox works with many government and UAS industry stakeholders, and is a member of the Commercial Drone Alliance. The company’s products securely manage drones in sensitive airspace worldwide.
For a full copy of the white paper, please visit: https://docsend.com/view/rih9yhk.