The International Association of Fire Chiefs Foundation (IAFCF), committed to strengthening future leaders through higher education, announces its 2020 Scholarship award recipients. The Foundation is pleased to award forty-two (42) scholarships for 2020. This was made possible by the contributions and support of IAFC Foundation donors. Recipients of IAFC Foundation named scholarships are:
- The Arthur J. Glatfelter Memorial Scholarships: made possible by a generous endowment from the Glatfelter Insurance Group and VFIS, are presented to Fire Chief Richard Cowger, Columbus Rural Fire District #3 in Montana, Captain Anthony Knight, Evansville Fire Department in Indiana and Firefighter/Engine Driver Christina Snoots, St. Petersburg Fire/Rescue Department in Florida.
- The Garry L. Briese Scholarship: made possible with support from the Motorola Solutions Foundation, is presented to Firefighter/Paramedic Alex Nunez, Lincolnshire Riverwoods Fire District in Illinois.
- The John M. Buckman, III Scholarship: honors Chief John Buckman and is reserved for a volunteer furthering their fire service education, is presented to Firefighter Robert Temple, City of Greenville Fire Department in Ohio.
- The Chief Charles A. “Chet” Henry Memorial Scholarship:made possible with support from VFIS, for exceptional commitment to public service, is presented to Private Rory Picker, City of St. Charles Fire Department in Missouri.
- IAFC President’s Scholarship: honors IAFC Presidents and their support for aspiring leaders in the fire and emergency services, is presented to Firefighter Michael Lowder, Myrtle Beach Fire Department in South Carolina.
- The Heather Westphal Memorial Scholarship: created in memory of the IAFC’s Membership Marketing Manager and benefiting women in the fire service, is presented to Firefighter Candice Lockhart, Thomasville Fire Department in North Carolina.
“The Foundation is pleased to assist these dedicated men and women in pursuing higher education to further strengthen their careers as fire and emergency services professionals,” stated Anthony P. Campisi, IAFCF President and President/CEO of Glatfelter Insurance Group.
The IAFC Foundation provides scholarships that make it possible for fire and EMS first responders to access the advanced learning opportunities necessary to prepare for today’s complex world. The scholarship awards made by the IAFC Foundation impact the fire service and communities by providing first responders with the educational opportunities they need to lead the fire service and serve and protect our citizens.
To read the full release with winners announced, click here.
For more information about the Foundation and to donate, please visit www.iafcf.org.